Jan. 6, 2018 – It’s been over a week since you last trained and it’s time you dust off your gloves and Gi’s! Our soft opening is next Monday, January 8th at 12pm. Looking forward to having everyone back!
We’re so excited to announce that we are finally in our new space at 80 Nassau Street in the lower level! Thank you again for all of your patience and a special thank you to everyone who volunteered last weekend to assist us with the move. We couldn’t have done it without your help!
In the first phase of our class schedule, we are keeping almost the same schedule as before. The only exception is that adult evening group classes are on the hour instead of the half hour.
As mentioned above, this is a soft opening. That means that our training center will not be at 100% capacity when you show up next week. We will still be working towards that goal, so please be patient with us. We are accepting early pre-enrollments before we are at full operating capacity! Call 212-964-9800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on early enrollment and huge savings! We are located in FiDi in the heart of lower Manhattan where every major train stops!
Nov. 22, 2017 – ‘Tis the Season to be Jolly! Join us in celebrating our Annual Winter Holiday Sale this week beginning on Friday, November 24. We are gifting students and friends with 30% OFF of all equipment and apparel for one week only. Now is the perfect time to trade in your old gloves for a new pair!
**The 50% discount will be offered on November 24th, between 12-5pm only! **
We also have tuition gifts for any membership renewals or new students who join the SCNY Family. Please see below for more details:
- Member renewals and new students who sign-up and PAY IN FULL will receive 2 FREE bonus months of training!
- Member renewals and new students who sign-up with financing (monthly payments) will receive 1 FREE bonus month of training!
Nov. 20, 2017 – It’s the most wonderful time of the year – Our Annual Winter Holiday Sale is back! The 2017 Winter Holiday Sale will last for one week beginning on Friday, November 24th at 12pm. We’re spreading the joy with BIG savings on memberships, training gifts, personal training, merchandise and equipment in stock (clothing, gear, accessories and more).
**These extra savings will be offered between 12-5pm only! **
More details will follow shortly! Be sure to stop by the school with your wish list and take advantage!
To make it a true Black Friday, we’re also offering two FREE classes on Friday, November 24th. These classes are OPEN and FREE for all students and guests. You must call/email to RESERVE your space for any of the classes below to guarantee your spot! If you are a visiting guest for the free classes, you must have a picture ID to present to the team. Class details are listed below:
- 12pm-1pm Muay Thai Class (1 hour)
- 1pm-2pm BJJ Class (2 hours)
Please see the front desk to advance register for the Black Friday classes and more information about what uniform or gear is required.
Oct. 30, 2017 – For Halloween tomorrow, Square Circle New York will have OPEN classes for all students, guests and visitors. Bring a mask or costume for Monster Muay Thai!
Muay Thai group classes are scheduled throughout the day so please call our front desk for more details. Martial arts training is for everyone!
We are conveniently located at 139 Fulton St. at Nassau St. in the heart of FiDi! Call us 212-964-9800 to set up your trial classes!
Oct. 26, 2017 – The Lehman Prep School is having their 3rd annual Halloween bash for their students and Square Circle New York has been invited to participate! The event will be this Saturday Oct. 28 and it will be held at the Broad Street Ballroom near the NYSE (41 Broad Street, FiDi 10007). The event starts at 10:00am and lasts for 2 hours until 12:00pm.
Vladislav Minkanov and Kerry Landgarten will be at the function working with the children and demonstrating the positive benefits of Muay Thai and BJJ to the youth!
We encourage all our youth students and their families to attend! More information can be found directly at the Leman website here.
More exciting news! On Tuesday, Oct. 31, we are having our own SCNY youth Halloween party! All youth students are encouraged to bring their friends and dress up in costumes! Prizes and awards for Best Costume, etc. Prizes, games, food and fun! In order to be eligible for awards and prizes, all SCNY students must bring a guest that is not a current student! Our Halloween party starts at 3:30pm with basic techniques followed by fun, games, contest and treats. Our party will promptly end at 5:00pm.
- Oct. 21 – Kasai Elite Grappling Championships. Mark Loyka and Lawrence Louie will represent SCNY at this BJJ event. Venue location is Baruch College and address is 55 Lexington Avenue, NYC.
- Oct 21 – ECF 18. Kru Rob is working with Anthony Andreocci and will be the striking coach for Ilias “Eli” Faquiri’s MMA debut on this promotion. Eli is representing SCNY at this event. Venue location is La Boom and address is 56-15 Northern Blvd., Woodside NY.
- Nov 03-05 – USMTO East Muay Thai tournament. Roberto Suarez and Edward Lin are representing SCNY at this Muay Thai event. Venue location is SUNY College at Old Westbury and address is 223 Store Hill Rd., Old Westbury, NY 11568.
- Nov 18 – IBJJF Pro Championship. Bradley Alvelo is representing SCNY at this pro level event. Venue location is Nat Holman Gym (CCNY) and address is 160 Convent Ave., NY NY 10031.
- Several Muay Thai, BJJ and MMA events / tournaments happening through the last few months of 2017. Please contact Kru Rob directly for eligibility.
Oct. 6, 2017 – Square Circle New York will be open for a full, regular day of training on Monday, October 9, 2017 Columbus Day. In addition, we will have an open day of training for all SCNY students and guests! Free training and open schedule to all the classes on the schedule. Note: it is a requirement for you to have the necessary equipment and/or training gear to participate in the classes. For example, you will need a Gi for the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu class, and you will need the necessary training equipment for the Muay Thai Drills class.
We want everyone to enjoy and have fun training along with their guests. If you are a visiting non-member and need further information, please call 212-964-9800 on the required items you will need before class. See you all on the mats!