- Oct. 21 – Kasai Elite Grappling Championships. Mark Loyka and Lawrence Louie will represent SCNY at this BJJ event. Venue location is Baruch College and address is 55 Lexington Avenue, NYC.
- Oct 21 – ECF 18. Kru Rob is working with Anthony Andreocci and will be the striking coach for Ilias “Eli” Faquiri’s MMA debut on this promotion. Eli is representing SCNY at this event. Venue location is La Boom and address is 56-15 Northern Blvd., Woodside NY.
- Nov 03-05 – USMTO East Muay Thai tournament. Roberto Suarez and Edward Lin are representing SCNY at this Muay Thai event. Venue location is SUNY College at Old Westbury and address is 223 Store Hill Rd., Old Westbury, NY 11568.
- Nov 18 – IBJJF Pro Championship. Bradley Alvelo is representing SCNY at this pro level event. Venue location is Nat Holman Gym (CCNY) and address is 160 Convent Ave., NY NY 10031.
- Several Muay Thai, BJJ and MMA events / tournaments happening through the last few months of 2017. Please contact Kru Rob directly for eligibility.
Oct. 6, 2017 – Square Circle New York will be open for a full, regular day of training on Monday, October 9, 2017 Columbus Day. In addition, we will have an open day of training for all SCNY students and guests! Free training and open schedule to all the classes on the schedule. Note: it is a requirement for you to have the necessary equipment and/or training gear to participate in the classes. For example, you will need a Gi for the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu class, and you will need the necessary training equipment for the Muay Thai Drills class.
We want everyone to enjoy and have fun training along with their guests. If you are a visiting non-member and need further information, please call 212-964-9800 on the required items you will need before class. See you all on the mats!
Aug. 25, 2017 – To help celebrate our five year anniversary at the Fulton Street location, we are happy to announce that during the month of September, Muay Thai lunch hour times Mon-Thu at 12pm are OPEN for ALL members and guests! Visitors interested are also welcome to come in for the open training. No experience is needed! Class training is FREE! Bring gloves and an ID and be ready to work! For more details and information, contact the desk at 212-964-9800.
Aug. 23, 2017 – We hope you enjoyed your summer! Fall is almost here with September closing in! We have a few announcements to make for September and we hope that you are as excited as we are!
To help celebrate our five year anniversary at the Fulton Street location, we are happy to announce that during the month of September, Muay Thai lunch hour times Mon-Thu at 12pm are OPEN for ALL members and guests! Visitors interested are also welcome to come in for the open training. No experience is needed! Bring gloves and be ready to work! For more details and information, contact the desk at 212-964-9800.
For Labor Day weekend, Friday Sep. 1 is a normal schedule day, and we have an early close Saturday Sep. 2 at 12pm after the 11am BJJ group class and the school will be closed Monday, Sep. 4 in observance of Labor Day.
Our Youth Program starts up again Sep. 5 and enrollment is underway! The class schedule is
Tuesday 3:30p (5-7 years) and 4:30p (8 and up) for Muay Thai
Thursday 3:30p (5-7 years) and 4:30p (8 and up) for Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
Experienced students returning to the program have the option to assist as mentors in all the classes!